As part of its response efforts, the government is waiving the one-week waiting period for EI benefits for workers in quarantine and those who’ve been told to self-isolate.
Options for individuals who are ineligible for EI sickness benefits, are currently being explored by the government.
If you are a business in Canada, you may need to prepare a ROE for your employees as we navigate COVID-19 and its impact to our staffing levels.
To submit your own ROE request(s) directly go to ROE Web on the Service Canada website.
Follow the online instruction including the code with a reason for why they’re being issued:
- Code A – Shortage of Work / End of Contract or Season if:
- You’ve closed your business or adjusted your workforce as a precaution.
- Code D – Illness/Injury for:
- Actual illness or an employee who has tested positive.
- An employee who has traveled and is now self-isolating.
- Code N – Leave of Absence if:
- The employee making a personal choice to self isolate.
Additional information is available from Service Canada for any worker who is ill or experiencing a loss of work due to COVID-19 on their toll-free number 1-833-381-2725.
If you require assistance or support, contact Muia Consulting online or at 647-493-0541.