Whether you are currently operating or planning for your workers to return to work, it is a good idea to develop COVID-19 workplace guidelines.
As an employer it’s your responsibility under the Occupational Health and Safety Act to take every precaution reasonable to protect your employee’s.
Clearly communicating the measures you are implementing will address any employee concerns and make the workplace safer for everyone.
There are six questions you should think through as you develop your COVID-19 workplace safety plan. The government has developed a COVID-19 safety plan template that addresses the following questions.
1. How will you ensure all workers know how and are able to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19?
2. How will you screen for COVID-19?
3. How will you control the risk of transmission in your workplace?
4. What will you do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 at your workplace?
5. How will you manage any new risks caused by changes to the way you operate your business?
6. How will you make sure your plan is working?
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, what worked for your situation may change. Make sure to review and update your plan regularly.